Awesome! You’re one step closer to your dream career.

If you already know what you want to study – that’s great. Enrolling in Macleay College is a simple process, just see the steps below. Or, you can preference Macleay College on UAC or VTAC. Our Admissions Policy can also be viewed here

We know choosing a course that is right for your can be a tough decision, so our expert team of career advisors are here to talk through all your options, and match a course best suited to your skills.

Welcome to Macleay College – we cannot wait to see all the amazing things we know you’re going to achieve.

Macleay Apply Now
Dream Job 870 x 445


Julie Pilogilou

Julie Pilioglou

Domestic Students
David Sam

David Sam

International Students
Shannon Sweeney

Shannon Sweeney

International Students
Testimonials Images22

Ellen Rafferty

Domestic Students
Oliver Caprile

Oliver Caprile

Domestic Students
Adriana Kind

Adriana Kind

Domestic Students
Amy Larkin Recruitment

Amy Larkin

Domestic Students
School Leaver 870 x 4453
Non School Leaver 870 x 4452
International Student 870 x 445


To confirm your enrolment, we need some important information (you know, the boring stuff…)

  • 100 Points of ID
  • HSC/VCE Certificate or state equivalent
  • Current Resume or
  • Tertiary Qualification
ID Check 870 x 445
Private Tour 870 x 445

At Macleay College everyday is Open Day!

Campus tours are available all year round and are a great opportunity to see Macleay College and our facilities, as well as ask any questions you might have about study, career paths, pathway programs and industry opportunities. Your campus tour is a personalised, individual experience and no question is too small – we are happy to answer them all.

To book your individual campus tour, call us on 1300 939 888 or email study@macleay.edu.au 


Have a question? We have answers!

Enrolment & Deferment

Admissions Policy

View the Macleay College Admissions Policy here

If I enrol as a full-time student, can I change to part-time study after I've started the course?

Yes, you may change your study mode from full-time to part-time, and vice versa during the course. Please note that you may only make the changes for a particular Trimester up until the Census Date for that trimester.

If I enrolled in the Diploma of Journalism and changed to the Diploma of Advertising later, will I get credits for the units/subjects I've already completed?

Yes, any subjects that overlap in different courses at Macleay College can be credited at the discretion of the Academic Board

Can I defer my course indefinitely?

No, you can only defer your course for a maximum of one trimester for full-time students and two trimesters for part-time students. If you need to defer for a longer duration, you will be required to withdraw from the course and apply for re-enrolment when you are ready to recommence your course.

Can I study two Diploma courses at the same time?

No, due to the intense workload and short duration it is only possible to do one course at a particular time

Recognition of Prior Learning

I'm an advanced user of MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access and MYOB. Can I be exempted from these subjects? Do I get a reduction in fees?

There are assessments available for proficient users of these software packages. You may be exempted from attending those particular computing subjects if you complete the assessments satisfactorily. There is no reduction in fees for this exemption.

I have completed some Bachelor level subjects at another institution. Can I get credits towards similar Diploma or Degree subjects?

You can apply for RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) for units/subjects you would like to be credited for. You need to provide supporting documentation such as transcripts and subject outlines with your RPL application. These will be assessed by the Academic Board to determine whether credits/advanced standing will be granted.


What is the longest time I can take to complete the course?

You can complete any course at Macleay College either full-time or part-time. A Diploma is one year (full-time) or two years (part-time) and a Bachelor Degree is two years (full-time) or four years (part-time).

Are the courses mostly theory or practical?

The courses offered at Macleay College have a higher practical element when compared with courses offered at other Universities or Colleges. As expected there are theory components to all of the courses, but these components are taught in a hands-on and practical manner.

University Pathways

What Universities can I go to after I finish my Diploma?

You may apply for enrolment to any University undergraduate or post graduate course. Please note that completion of a Diploma at Macleay College does not guarantee automatic entry into university.

Due to the competitiveness of such courses, you may need to obtain at least a credit to distinction average to be eligible. Please contact the individual universities to obtain details of application and possible exemptions.

What Universities do the College have affiliations with?

Macleay College has formal agreements for articulation in Business degrees at The University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) and Bond University.

Does the College help me with University applications?

Macleay College staff can assist in providing all the relevant information for you to continue your education path into university. The application process will be your responsibility, but Macleay College staff will aid where possible.

How many credits can I get if I study the Bachelor of Business at UTS after I finish my Event Management course?

Students can start a course at UTS with an advanced standing of 36 credit points, based on acceptance by UTS and a credit average attained at Macleay College. Students must begin studying at UTS within three years of completing their study at Macleay College.

Fees & Payment

How can I pay upfront?

Macleay College accepts various payment options:

Credit Card: Complete the Payment Authority Form by including the name of payee and the student name, along with credit card details

Cheque / Money Order: Cheques and money orders should be made payable to Macleay College with the student name printed on the reverse side of the cheque or money order, and mailed to: Macleay College, Level 2, 28 Foveaux Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010

Electronic Transfer: Please include your name as the reference when transferring funds electronically.

Bank: National Australia Bank (NAB)
BSB: 082057
Account No: 199594482
Account Name: Macleay College Pty Ltd

Do I get a discount if I pay my fees upfront?

There is no discount for upfront fee payment.

Can I pay by instalment?

Yes, fees are charged and payable per trimester – three equal payments over each year.

Do I have to pay extra fees if I fail a unit?

If you need to repeat failed units, then fees are charged according to the course unit fees.

Do you offer scholarship or financial aid?

Yes, Macleay College offers a Business & Marketing and a Diploma of Advertising Scholarship each semester.

For more information see Scholarships & Financial Assistance

Does Macleay College offer FEE-HELP?

Macleay College is an approved FEE-HELP provider, which is great news for new students.

Find out more about FEE-HELP and how to apply below.


What is FEE-HELP?

FEE-HELP is a loan given to eligible fee-paying students to help pay for their tuition fees. You can borrow up to the amount of the tuition fee being charged by your provider for your unit of study.

However, over your lifetime you can borrow only up to the FEE-HELP limit (this amount is indexed each year). The Commonwealth Government will pay the amount of the loan directly to Macleay College. Students repay their loan through the taxation system once their income is above the minimum threshold for compulsory repayment

Download the FEE-HELP Guide for more information

How do I apply for FEE-HELP?

Find out more about FEE-HELP on the Study Assist website here

Or Download a FEE-HELP Information Booklet

Where do I get a FEE-HELP assistance form?

Our Course Advisors will provide you wiht a FEE-HELP assistance form during your initial meeting. Or you can request for a form to be posted to you by contacting study@macleay.edu.au

FEE-HELP Refund Information

View the FEE-HELP refund policy here

Download FEE-HELP refund form here

Internship Program

How many hours do I have to do for my internship/work placement? Do I get paid for it?

Journalism Diploma students are required to complete a minimum of at least 40 hours of internships. While Journalism Degree students are required to complete 120 hours of internship.

Business, Marketing, Digital Media and Advertising & Media Diploma students are required to complete a minimum of 60 hours of internships. Digital Media and Advertising & Media Degree students are required to complete 120 hours of internship. Business Degree students are required to complete 180 hours of internship.

However, students are encouraged to do more intern hours in order to increase job-readiness upon graduation.

Find out more about our Internship Program here

Will the College help me get my internship/work placement?

Macleay College constantly receive offers from employers in the media and business industries requesting interns. Many lecturers at Macleay College are industry practitioners and can assist you to find work placement in an area of your interest. It is however your responsibility to select the internship of most interest and make an application.


What jobs can I get after I finish the course?

There are endless options for your future career after completing a Macleay College qualification. Our graduates have had huge success in their employment paths as a result of the great reputation of Macleay College’s programs.

Do Macleay graduates find jobs after they finish their course?

Most of our graduates find jobs soon after graduation or within 6 months of completing their qualification.  Some are offered work by their intern host.

Read more about our Macleay Graduates here